The National Public Gas Agency (NPGA), the wholesale natural gas entity of NMPP Energy, elected officers for its board of directors for fiscal year 2023-24 at its annual meeting held Feb. 9.
Those elected to one-year terms as officers of the board of directors beginning April 1 were:
- Chris Anderson, city administrator, Central City, Neb., chair
- Bob Lockmon, utility superintendent, Stuart, Neb., vice chair
- Randy Woldt, utilities superintendent, Wisner, Neb., secretary/treasurer
All three were re-elected from the previous fiscal year. The board works to develop operational strategies and guides the agency in securing reliable and low-cost natural gas for NPGA member communities.
All three will also serve on the NMPP Energy Joint Operating Committee, which includes members from the four NMPP Energy organizations.
Three board members were also appointed to the NPGA Executive Committee along with the NPGA chair and vice chair:
- Randy Woldt, utilities superintendent, Wisner, Neb.
- Lenard Schaefer, public works director, Stromsburg, Neb.
- Brent Nation, City Manager, Fort Morgan, Colo.
Formed in 1991, NPGA is a nonprofit organization supplying wholesale natural gas to 14 member communities in Colorado, Kansas and Nebraska as well as four customer communities.